.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

eXpeCtatiOns

I was five.I was reall fussy.I cried for my every need.My Mom wouldnt have a clue as of what might be d problem(again).But my Gran would come and look at me and ask.."what is it my child? Are u hungry again?"...I would just sit there and blink at her..and she'd feed a spoonful or two and i'll be all cheerful again..

Childhood is undoubtedly the best phase of life,isnt it.? Parents care for their child and make sure they take care of all its needs;which thankfully involves only a couple of things..all simple and predictable..
I only wish things were as simple now...i.e as d child matures. From d dawn of teenage,,a number of issues come facing the highroad..and despite all the changes,,the kid still expects to be understood by his family,friends and loved ones..

Then am i wrong when i say instead of money,Expectation is the root of all evil? But then,is it wrong to expect?
You are always there for your best bud,,then why not 'expect' them to stick around for you too?
Your gal/boyfriend is in trouble and there you are at their beck and call..cant you 'expect' them to come around when you could use some help?
The dirty-green bus thats always late..how come its on time on a day you ran out late?

I have known for sometime that i shouldnt let my hopes high on such regards..But my silly mind,,when did it ever listen to me? it has its own ways..But the thing that bothers me the most is that by expecting,I give the respective person a chance to hurt me..again n again..its pathetic actually..

Lifes so strange..there are so many issues..so many challenges to pass and in btwn all dis brilliant ppl like myself get further messed up by complicating every damn thing from the angle of expectation..this is life for you..but hey,nobody said life was fair!

5 comments:

  1. Ya dis is correct dear.we are not suppose to expect things from others.i also have dis kinda probs.wen i was a kid i also had dis kind of silly probs and some one in d family tried to solve it for me.and as i grew up d probs also grew up wit me but den friends came as d guide who led me.still faced many probs wen at times i was all alone left in a dark hauntin room.den one of my friend said to dat d prob wit me is dat i dont learn from my mistake dat you r all alone in dis world and der is no one to help u or care for u.still i didnt listen to him, and c me now facin d same prob no one understand and care.fully humiliated in dis beautiful world,with his words echoing in my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly..you echo my feelings fully..then tell me,how do get over it?and how to deal with it?
    hey,,y d anonymous tag?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written. Yeah, life's not fair. I've my own problems and unfulfilled dreams but then I can't just sit and cry over them. We have to continually move ahead lest we should be left behind. This is bittersweet life, may be more bitter than sweet. Sometimes not all sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ajay Thanx..it means a lot.!
    Bittersweet life..well said my friend..U seem 2 have gr8 spirits..mind lending sum 2 the less fortunate? :-)

    ReplyDelete